The YAAAS! Competition is one of the four competition sections, and one of the modules of the YAAAS! Youth Program at CROSSING EUROPE that established
a holistic program for film mediation, the acquisition of media competency and DIY-video production. In the YAAAS! Competition, the YAAAS! Youth Jury selects the winner of the festival prize CROSSING EUROPE Award – Youth Jury – endowed with € 3000,-.
The YAAAS! Competition is a selection of current European feature films that were hand-picked by the YAAAS! Young Programmers. After a rigorous sighting process they decided on six feature films that deal with the living realities of youths and young
adults in Europe in different ways.
- GIMTINE / MOTHERLAND (Tomas Vengris, LT/LV/DE/GR 2019)
- KOKON / COCOON (Leonie Krippendorff, DE 2020)
- PAPICHA (Mounia Meddour, FR/DZ/BE/QA 2019)
- PARWARESHGAH / THE ORPHANAGE (Shahrbanoo Sadat, DK/DE/FR/LU/AF/QA 2019)
- SOLE (Carlo Sironi, IT/PL 2019)
- WSZYSTKO DLA MOJEJ MATKI / ALL FOR MY MOTHER (Małgorzata Imielska, PL 2019)
Three of these titles will also be screened within the framework of school screenings.