Deadline for entries: 8 January, 2024
Please note: ONLY feature-length films (60 minutes or longer, all genres) can be submitted for the European program sections. Short films will not be accepted.
What is considered a “European Film”?According to the CROSSING EUROPE festival regulations, a film is considered "European" if it was (co-)produced in one of the countries of the continent. In addition, the film should tell stories from, related to or about Europe.
Overview of Film SubmissionDeadline for entries: 8 January, 2024
Submission fee: There is no submission fee.
How to submit a film? To submit a film, the following online submission form must be completed in full and submitted before the submission deadline. The screening link for the submitted film (please enter in the designated field in the submission form) should be valid at least up to and including 29 February, 2024. A successful submission does not automatically mean that the film will be included in the festival program.
Please read the information and conditions for entries below carefully and fill out the submission form mindfully. Note that if the submitted film is selected for the 2024 festival program, the information and text provided in the form will be used for the festival website/magazine.
To submit a film for the program sections European Competition (Fiction, Documentary & YAAAS!), European Panorama and European Panorama Specials (Architecture and Society, Working Worlds), the film must comply with the following conditions:
- Film Length: Films must be feature-length (fiction and documentary, no genre restrictions), with a running time of 60 minutes or more.
- The film must be "European" according to CROSSING EUROPE regulations (see above for definition).
- Year of Production: The submitted film must have been produced within 2023/2024.
- The Austrian premiere of the film at CROSSING EUROPE is obligatory. The film has not previously been screened or broadcast (TV, online, streaming, etc.) in Austria before CROSSING EUROPE in April 2024.
- If the film is selected for the festival program: All films selected for the program will be presented in their original versions with English (or in exceptional cases: German) subtitles. It is highly recommended to submit screeners (screening link) with English subtitles.
- If the film is selected for the festival program: the standard screening format for feature-length films is DCP. In exceptional cases we can screen 35mm.
Important Information about the Submission Process:
- There is no submission fee.
- You may enter more than one film to the festival, but you must submit a completed submission form for each individual film.
- You will receive a notification in case your film has been selected for the festival program (vie e-mail, at the latest by the beginning of March 2024).
- The festival reserves the right to choose the program section in which the film is to be included.
- For films that have NOT been selected for the program we will NOT send out any notifications for organizational reasons – thank you for your understanding!
- Please understand that CROSSING EUROPE is not obliged to provide feedback or justification for the selection decisions. The final film selection is based on a variety of criteria.
- By submitting a film you furthermore accept the festival’s rules and regulations as stated here.
- Crossing Europe account: To submit a film you must be logged into a Crossing Europe account. Please note that accounts from past years are still valid. If you do not have an account yet, you can register at any time.
- Confirmation e-mail about completed submission: Please make sure you fill out the submission form properly and submit it successfully. Once you’ve finished the submission process, you should receive a confirmation e-mail for the completed submission (Please check your spam folder!). Once the form has been submitted, you can no longer edit it.
- Save submission as draft: You can save submission forms while you are working on them if you wish to complete them at a later time - select "Save draft" at the end of the form.
- Overview of drafts and submissions: To access your drafts and completed submissions, please log in at the top of the page on the right.
- Session time-out: If possible, please try to complete the form without time interruptions to avoid the session expiring (after 15 min without activity, the session will expire, which, if the submission has not been submitted or saved as a draft, means the loss of the data entered so far - 15 min per page)
ATTENTION: After submitting the form, you should receive a confirmation e-mail at the e-mail address specified in the form. Please also check your spam folder if necessary. If you have not received this e-mail, please repeat the submission process using a different internet browser. If you still have not received an e-mail confirmation, please contact us at .
If you have any questions regarding submissions, please contact us via .